If you’re a local Minnesota Vikings fan, you already know that before kickoff, there are plenty of exciting attractions and activities to keep you entertained.
Of course, if this is your first time visiting U.S. Bank Stadium, it can feel overwhelming at first. But don’t worry; we’ve created a helpful guide, so you can start planning the ultimate experience this season.
Plan Your Itinerary Like a Game-Day Pro
When you arrive downtown for a Minnesota Vikings game, here are a few ideas and venues to check out before kickoff.
U.S. Bank Stadium is located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis and nestled between popular breweries, restaurants, and bars. In fact, you’ll probably see giant purple flags proudly waving outside many local venues—welcoming fans in for a drink or bite to eat.
The Vikings Longhouse, for example, is located across the street from the stadium and features a game-day hangout area for pre/post-game drinks and entertainment. And just a few blocks down the street is Day Block Brewing Company. This local favorite offers delicious craft beers, fresh pizzas and entrees, and live music.
If you’re hungry for wings and draft beers, you’ll love the cozy atmosphere of Crooked Pint Ale House. Other dining hot spots that feature great food and drink specials include Maxwell’s American Pub, The Corner Bar, and Bar Zia.
What’s an American football game without some good old-fashioned tailgating and corn hole? Directly in front of the stadium, you’ll find tons of fellow Vikings grilling up burgers, playing games, and raising their cups to celebrate a well-anticipated Vikings’ victory!
You can find FAQs about tailgating at U.S. Bank Stadium here.
If you’d rather head into the stadium to grab some goodies, you’ll have your pick of mouthwatering menu options and an impressive beer and wine selection that includes craft beers from local breweries.
Get hungry for SKOL dogs, smoky chicken nachos, roasted pork hoagies, Dorito taco bowls, cheese curds, mac and cheese, chicken wings, ice cream, and a lot more!
Let’s just say that dining at U.S. Bank Stadium is an experience you’ll need to relive again and again.
Browse the complete list of food vendors at U.S. Bank Stadium here.
Tips for Vikings Fans and Visitors
As with any football stadium, U.S. Bank has a few rules you need to follow to keep everyone safe during game time. Be sure to follow the NFL’s clear bag policy and be prepared to have your bags scanned, walk through a metal detector, or be scanned with a device.
Don’t bring sealed water bottles, camera cases, large bags, or outside alcohol with you. Following these rules will ensure your security check-in goes smoothly.
Here are a few other things to keep in mind:
- Arrive early—The sooner you get here, the faster you can start having fun.
- Know where to park—If you’re driving a group of friends, use the stadium’s parking map and directions for assistance.
- Have your mobile ticket ready—Be sure you can easily access tickets on your smartphone, as these will be scanned upon entry.
- Dress appropriately—Vikings’ games are held indoors, so you won’t need to carry a jacket around unless you plan on tailgating or exploring the vast array of vendors outside the stadium.
- Drink responsibly—If you are planning to drive yourself or friends to the stadium, be sure you’re sober and ready to take everyone home after the game.
- Visit concessions during game time—We know you don’t want to miss a single play, but rest assured that you can watch the game from anywhere in the stadium, thanks to its impressive assortment of LED screens located around every corner. So, if you need to use the restroom or you’re craving another bag of mini donuts, go when the game is still in play. If you wait for half-time, you’ll need to navigate a larger crowd and stand in lines for much longer.
- Be prepared for traffic—When it’s time to leave, be prepared for long traffic lines. Even if you’re planning to catch the next Green Line, Metro bus, or Uber to take you home, remember that many people have the same idea. So, try to be patient and careful when finding your transportation home.
Okay, this last tip sounds like a hassle! And who wants to deal with long lines, heavy traffic, and large crowds when you want to go home or check out a local bar post game?
Transportation to Vikings Games Just Got Easier!
Imagine arriving at U.S. Bank Stadium without worrying about where you’ll park or trying to coordinate the logistics of a large group.
Instead, picture yourself enjoying a stress-free travel experience that allows you to arrive one time, so you can unwind, party with fellow Vikings fans, and cheer on the home team to victory.
The best part?
You never need to worry about how you’ll get home because your private chauffeur will meet you at a designated pick-up location. Once inside, you can sit back and relax while others deal with post-game traffic.
Vikings Group Transportation Services
When you hire Executive Transportation, you and your fellow passengers can enjoy a smooth ride that includes music of your choosing, snacks, adult beverages, and other custom amenities you may want along the trip.
Other game-day perks include:
- Private chauffeur
- First-class amenities
- Spacious seating
- Luxury vehicle(s)
- Convenient pick-up/drop-off
- A personal coordinator to plan the event
- A safe place to store your belongings
- A private tailgating party—right inside your vehicle
No matter the size of your group, we offer a private fleet of luxury vehicles that range from SUVs to executive vans and motor coaches. That means from parties of two to 50+ passengers, we have the perfect ride to accommodate everyone in your group comfortably.
Traveling from the airport?
We have that covered, too. We offer convenient airport pick-up that will be waiting for you when you land. And our team will keep you up-to-date and connected with your driver’s location.
Need Transportation to a Minnesota Vikings Game?
Whether you’re planning an annual corporate outing to the Vikings stadium or getting a group of friends together for some SKOL entertainment, trust Executive Transportation for all your event transportation needs. Remember, NFL games run from September through January, and reservations for game day book fast. So don’t wait too long and miss all the fun!